Native Plant Garden Planning for Beginners
Join Sara Lennert from Wild Like a Flower Gardening for an engaging and informative presentation, designed to provide you with essential knowledge & practical tips. Leave feeling more confident to create a thriving native plant garden that not only enhances your outdoor space but also supports local ecosystems and pollinators.
More about our speaker: Sara has a background in wildlife conservation, coupled with a particular dedication to pollinator habitat. She operates a small-scale landscaping business specializing in the design of native plant gardens, aimed at establishing quality pollinator gardens within the Albany to Lancaster area.
- Basic Gardening Know-How: Learn how to determine your growing conditions, planting and watering techniques, and maintenance practices tailored to native plants.
- Selecting the Right Plants: Discover how to choose native plants that are well-suited to your garden’s climate and soil conditions.
- Supporting Pollinators: Understand the crucial role of pollinators in our environment and learn how to attract and support them through the thoughtful selection of native plants and insect friendly garden practices.
- Planning Your Layout: Get basic layout design tips to create a visually appealing and functional native plant garden that suits your space and preferences.
- Seasonal Care: Learn about the seasonal care routines necessary to ensure the long-term health and vitality of your native plants while protecting pollinators.
- Local Plant Sources: Local plant nurseries and seed sources.
If accommodations are needed for you or your family to participate in this event, please let our staff know